Sunday, September 7, 2008

Redecorating!

So this week went really great and really fast! I couldn't believe it was the weekend already! Classes so far have been pretty good...nothing too awful and so far my grades are still doing good! The flight simulators are difficult but slowly getting easier which is good. I've been much more encouraged about them but I still need lots of prayers because none of the manuevers are getting any easier! :)
This week we had some Extended Orientation activities which were really fun. I only participated on Friday night because I had homework the rest of the week but we played capture the flag with our brother floor (2A) and teams were freshman vs. upperclassmen. The freshman won! We had a great time! After the game ended, we went to this hill at the center of campus to find the "Berm Beast." None of the freshman had any clue what this was but we went up the hill anyway...then, some of the boys pushed this huge tire up to the top of the hill (I was still confused by this point). When they got it up and started pulling out padding from the middle and handed someone a helmet, I realized that the Berm Beast was the tire and you got in it to ride down the hill! It was the funnest thing ever! When I got in I thought, "this is going to be crazy..." then they pushed me down and it felt like I was rolling forever and it was so much fun! When they stopped me at the end of the hill, I got out and was so dizzy! haha I had to hold on to some people til i got my balance back but it was really fun!
2A had to do a lot more EO stuff than us girls did and one of the boys had to come in and sing to me. The song Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade...yea it was awkward! He told me later that my face was really red...I didn't know what to do with myself when he was singing...it didn't help that there were lots of other people crowded in my room and I was sitting on top of my bed as he looked up to sing to me. It was funny and awkward!
Another EO activity involved our brother floor pushing a truck with a trailer full of G1 girls on the back...it was a nice ride around campus for the girls but I felt bad for the guys who were pushing the truck! :) After that we went up in the mushroom building to play some games. One of the games we played was "I have never." One person has to stand in the middle, say something they have never done, and everyone else has to get up and find an open seat...well it got pretty intense and people were running into each other to find chairs and one time I got up to run across and I ran directly into someone! I hit my head pretty hard but luckily neither one of us was hurt too bad;)
Me and Morgan went to another girls room last night and got some really great ideas of how to decorate/design our room...so, after we left we went to our room and completely rearranged everything! We bought wrapping paper and put it on one of our walls and then we got some frames and put those up and lights and pictures and of course my michael phelps poster :) and we got a $1 shower curtain and are using it as a curtain for our window! It looks so cool and i love it!! :) The pics are of our NEW & IMPROVED room so you can all see how awesome our room is:) ha we love it!
Prayer Requests for this week:
-my parents are headed to Africa this week so safe travels for them!
-continuous prayer for my schooling and flight simulators
-that our floor would continue to get closer together
-and that I wouldn't miss home too bad and these next few weeks go fast so I can come home for Thanksgiving:)
Love you all!
Oh yea! I almost forgot! On Thursday night we came into our room and there were termites on our printer and floor! It was so gross...then, Friday night, we found a few roaches!!!!!! We were too scared to sleep in our room that night so we moved our mattresses out into our suites lounge and slept there for the night! The next morning we went to Target and found some bug spray so we better not find any more of those in our room!!! :)

3 comments:

Nicki said...

The room looks great! It's like Extreme Home Makeover. Very creative!!
Glad things are going well. Morgan had told me about the bugs. Yuck! I don't blame you for not sleeping in your room. Hope the spray keeps them away!
Don't know if your parents mentioned it or not but Pastor Dave is updating the Africa trip on the nmc baby center blogspot your mom put together. I checked it last night and he wrote that Jody & Jolinda were part of the group! LOL
Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!
We love you lots and miss you tons!
Nicki

Dawn said...

Hey Mo! Love the makeover! The termites and roaches wouldv'e totally freaked me out!! I probably STILL wouldn't be back in the room. ha ha I loved the story about the "berm beast", can't believe you did it, well, yes I can :) Grandma L was sitting beside me reading about it and about croaked when she got to that part. lol Sounds like you're getting along well. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it! You and Amanda will have to have a "sleepover". Have a good weekend!
Love you!! Aunt Dawn

_ said...

You're room looks very cool! You found some very creative and inventive ways to decorate your room (sounds like it didn't cost you much -- which is the very best part! Sorry it's taken me so long to "look you up" and write to you).
I think of you often, all of us in our family talk about you and are praying for you! LOVE YOU!!!!