Thursday, September 25, 2008

Here Comes a Long One! :)

Hey everybody~
I realize that I haven't written on here in about two weeks so I apologize! So much has happened these past couple of weeks that I'm sure this post is going to be long:) Lets see....where to start?..
Well, first of all, classes are still going really well for me. I'm keeping my grades up in almost all of them and so far have been comprehending a lot! The flight lab I'm in is going ok. It's probably my hardest and most important class right now. I am needing lots of prayer for that! Especially the conviction to go and practice (which my parents have already talked with me bout that haha). I had my first big test in my flight science class and was pretty nervous BUT I got an 82% on the test! I was really excited because one of my friends, Jessie, told me that I scored higher than other kids who already have their license! That made me feel pretty good, I'm not gonna lie:) So, yea, school work is going pretty good so far!!

Intramural football has started up and our floor is participating...it is so much fun! We play flag football and currently my position is wide receiver! lol it's very entertaining to watch some of these girls play because half of them have no idea what they are doing! We have had two games so far and unfortunately lost them both, but we're having a great time playing! It's also been a great way for me to get to know some of the girls on my floor better. Because of how our floor is set up, it's hard to get to know the girls in some of the other suites because I don't see them as often. But now that football has started up, we have been practicing and playing together which is so much fun! Oh! And I scored a touchdown:) hehe it was great

This week has been really great in that I am getting to know the girls in my suite a lot better! One girl, Amanda, and I had a long talk last night and just shared alot about eachother and I'm so happy we did because I finally have gotten to see more of who she is! Also, we as a suite have done a lot more with each other. Last week we went out and took some pictures and we all dressed alike and took some fun pics! I'll post some of them up so you can see them. It was a lot of fun!

This past weekend, my cornerstones group went on a little retreat for a night to a campground in Arkansas. We camped out for the night and just relaxed! It was a nice break from school! There is this river that goes through the campground so on Saturday we went swimming....it was SO COLD! The water was freezing and after awhile you got numb so you couldn't really feel it. haha you looked around and everyone in our group was just sitting still and shivering! It was really funny:) We had a good time but I was glad to come back to campus the next night!

Every Sunday night we have this thing called Prayer and Praise. Students go into this smaller chapel and we basically sing and pray and it is one of my favorite parts of the week! I cannot express to you how incredible it is to be surrounded by so many who share the same faith as you. I know we experience this in church, but its so encouraging to have all these kids my age truly seeking the Lord. It's been great too, to break off into groups for prayer time because we can all just share what is going on with each other and sometimes we don't even know the people in our group but since we all share Christ in common, it doesn't matter. We can just put everything out there and it's ok. I absolutely love it and just wanted to share that with you all! :) God is good and I know this is where he wants me right now. I really enjoy this school! But don't worry because I'm not gonna live in Texas:) When I say I like the school, the state is not implied lol and therefore you won't have to worry about me liking it so much here that after school I will live here...thats definately not the case! haha

So there are definately some cultural differences here in Texas that I've noticed. For example, Texans call pop "Cokes"...it's really weird and I can't figure out how they know when they are talking about a coca-cola or pop because its the same word! Strange! Also, they call shopping carts buggies! I told Morgan..."that's what the amish drive!" :) haha Oh and..you know how Florida doesn't have good grass? Well Texas' grass is just like Floridas! I'm still trying to figure out why Texans like their state so much:) Oh and I was driving somewhere the other day and saw a sign along the road that said "Don't mess with Texas." This sign kind of looked like a speed limit sign with the white background, black letters kind of thing...I mean did the gov. people of Longview decide to put that up or what?! Crazy Texans! haha Well I love you all and hope things are going well for you! Miss you and I will try not to wait two weeks til the next post! :)

LOVE YOU!

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congrats on keeping your grades up! I am only doing 2 periods this trimester. Which is first and second period DG and Government C.P., so that's not to bad. Mr. Bough thinks he can catch me up so lets pray that he does. I have been feeling a lot better. My stomach has still been hurting and I can't eat sweet things or junk food. I'm not gonna lie it has benefited me a lot to be eating healthy. Because now all I can do is eat healthy. So I am pretty proud of that. Well thought I would fill you in on what's going on with me. Love you! You'll have to check out our blogspot. It's just called The Lengacher Family. Love You TONS!! :):)

GRAMS LENGACHER said...

Wow! Thanks for the affirmation that you won't stay in Texas or live there after school! Old grams needed to hear that! You know how I am about keeping the family close! It's so great to hear of your pray and praise nights. That is just so awesome that you can get together and glorify God and you're all of the same beliefs! Sharing our concerns with others helps us grow so much in our walk. We are thrilled you are at a school that encourages and promotes that. That is just way too cool!!! Keep up the great work you are doing in the classroom also! You are in our constant prayers and thoughts, love you tons, grams and gramps lengacher

Jolinda said...

Good job Mo! I'm so glad you keep posting because even tho I talk to you often, there are some things I forget and some things you forget to tell me. Keep up the good work on your studies, I am so proud of you! I am also thrilled that you are making new friends and fitting in so well. You are such a special young lady and we couldn't love you more!

Mom

Nicki said...

Yeah! What a fun post. I check it every few days and was excited to see a new one. I lol(ed) :0 many times throughout! It's so great that you are fitting in so well and that you are experiencing God along with it. Enjoy it all. It'll go so fast. We are way proud of you. We are anxious to see if you pick up a Texan draw when you talk! =) Keep up the awesome work. We miss you lots and love you bunches! We pray for you everyday. Can't wait to hug you in person!
Nicki

_ said...

It's soooo great to hear how God is answering prayer and working in your life! Good job on your grades and studies - it can't be easy work; it's also very nice to hear how God is placing people around and in your life that is providing you with friends, encouragement and support (apart from all of that here at home). I love reading about what's going on - it's great to hear, and know how to continue praying for you too! Have a fun weekend! Hope you win your next football game!!! :) LOVE YOU!!! Lisa

Dawn said...

Mo - It was great to get an update! I've been checking in often hoping for some "fresh" news. :) Sounds like all is well and that is SO GOOD to hear! Proud of that touchdown, girl, you show 'em how we play it here in Indiana, ha ha! As always, praying for you and missing you! Have a great week!
Love ya!, Aunt Dawn

Jamie said...

Glad your doing well. You better keep practicing though!!! I'm very proud of you and love ya bunches! have a great week

Brooke said...

it sounds like you are having alot of fun!! (im kinda jealous!)im glad you are not so impressed with Texas. it sounds like you are going to be the most best pilot ever!! that sounds so cool about how you guys have those camping and church service things! love ya!

Jolinda said...

Hey Mo! Just wanted you to know we are just about to leave Nairobi for home. Can't wait to have a long talk with you. Love you very much.

Mom

By the way, we could use some current news!:)